Sushmita Banerji 1954—2010

Sunday, August 15, 2010

From - Anil Sadgopal

Dear Arti,

 Both Shashi and I are shocked at this unexpected news about Sushmita. We are coming to terms with this reality. 

My mind is still not able to either focus on Sushmita's sudden departure or accept this as a haqeekat, though it has been probably a little more than 15 years that we last met in Jaipur at Shashi's rented house. That, too, was in brief encounters. We interacted deeply only at Kishore Bharati. You are right about those wonderful memories. Sushmita's frequent laughter and jokes, despite streaks of sadness, would change the ambience. I have vivid memories of all this. 

Shashi sat down before her computer after hearing the news from me and quickly typed several lines about Sushmita and then stopped. "I can't think anymore", she said. I am sure she would return to her thoughts after some rest to her troubled mind. She recalled how Sushmita and you stood by her when she was going through a crisis in her life.

 You are sure to miss her. It is not going to be easy, I know


With fond memories,Sincerely,
Anil Sadgopal
Bhopal
 


No comments:

Post a Comment