Sushmita Banerji 1954—2010

Saturday, August 21, 2010

from sushil joshi

Dear Aarti,
Its really sad that Sushmita is no more with us. She was here a few months back and was happy to announce that she was absolutely alright and was off the medicine. In fact, she planned a get together with all friends at jaipur. So it is very unexpected that she would say goodbye so soon, when she was getting to grips.
I remember her at Kishore Bharati. That cerative energy flowing around her and affecting everybody around,it was so palpable. Her creativity was almost addictive. I remember some of us, including you, trying to set up some sort of process of administration in absence of Anil and Sadhna. Then also her working with the paliya pipariya children, trying to put together some sort of a bulletin for them to express themselves. 
Once she left Hoshangabad, I lost touch with her. Then one day she appeared in Bhopal. She was talking to Eklavya people and I forgot to notice that it was her, she had changed so much, that I did not recognize her. But Sushmita in her characteristic way said, yes sushil, this is me, sushmita. Then she came to Hoshanagabad for the night with Harish or someone. Drank her sprite and went away the next morning.
In fact, I am remembering all these small things because without these the larger Sushmita can not be captured. She lived in small acts.
I don't know what to say to you or to myself as all of try to accept the loss.
Sushil

No comments:

Post a Comment